Recreate Texas Roadhouse Rolls and Butter with This Recipe
It was my way in for my first date with my wife. I asked her what her favorite food was and one of the things she said was Texas Roadhouse rolls with cinnamon honey butter. Boom, let's go to Texas Roadhouse and I'll treat. The rest is history.
If you would like to recreate the Texas Roadhouse rolls and cinnamon butter, you can check out the recipe above, or check out the written version below.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided into 3 tablespoons and 1 tablespoon
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups flour, divided in half
- Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 8 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Here are the step by step instructions directly from MAKEITGRATEFUL.COM
- Place milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Scald milk by bringing just to a boil, and then allow to cool to lukewarm. Use a food thermometer to check the temperature; 110F degrees is the perfect temperature.
- Pour tempered milk in a medium bowl, add yeast and honey and mix well. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes (the yeast will rise up and bloom).
- In a stand mixer, using the bread hook, place yeast mixture, three tablespoons melted butter, egg and two cups of flour. Mix on low until smooth.
- Slowly add the remaining flour until dough comes together.
- Add salt and turn mixer on low to knead for eight minutes.
- Flour a work surface and turn out dough. Knead for a few more minutes by hand.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and place dough in bowl. Cover with a light towel and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled (about one hour).Hint: Put the bowl in a microwave with the door closed and the microwave light on. The dough will rise more quickly from the warmth of the light.
- Punch dough down and turn out onto a floured work surface.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, about 1/2 inch thick. Fold over and gently roll to seal together.
- Place parchment paper on two baking trays.
- Cut dough into 22-24 squares and place on prepared sheets about an inch apart.
- Cover each tray with a light towel and allow rolls to rise until almost doubled in size (about 40 minutes).
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Remove towels from baking trays. Bake rolls 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Brush tops of rolls with remaining melted butter immediately after removing them from the oven.
Cinnamon honey butter
- Place butter, powdered sugar, honey and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- With a hand mixer, blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy
I haven't personally tried this recipe yet, but I'm pretty sure my wife would be on board to give it a shot.