Annoying Questions Single People Will Hear This Thanksgiving
We are days away from Thanksgiving and it's time I start preparing myself. No, I don't mean getting my stretchy pants ready for the feast I will embark upon, I mean the dreaded moments where my family starts their inquisition. It never fails, every year I hear the same things over and over again. "Are you seeing someone?" "Don't you want kids?" They're my family, I know that they have good intentions, but it still annoys me. Single people, I know you've experienced some of these at one family gathering or another. Here's the top questions us single people always get and what some of my answers are, #ThanksgivingClapback:
- Are you seeing someone?
It's usually no, unless they see me with someone at the gathering the answer is no,
- Don't you want to get married?
Not today, no.
- Don't you want kids someday?
I can barely take care of myself.
- But (insert cousins name) already has a baby and she's your age. Don't you want that?
I'm surprised she only has one
- How's work?
This is one I've started to get a lot of since I started on the show, the answer is always the same "Good"
- I know someone who is single, do you want me to set you up with him?
- Whatever happened to (insert ex's name)?
He died. It was tragic.
- Another glass of wine?
I'm an adult!
- Another plate?
I'm a growing person.
- You're so pretty, how are you still single?
My personal favorite. I usually just walk away.