7 Random Facts About Rage Against the Machine
We finally have the details on Rage Against the Machine. They'll be at the Don Haskins Center coming up on Thursday March 26th, and at the Pan American Center on Saturday March 28th. Here are some facts to know to get ready for the show.
- Tom Morello once worked as an exotic dancer. He's said, "When I graduated from Harvard and moved to Hollywood, I was unemployable…at one point, I even worked as an exotic dancer. ’Brick House' [by The Commodores] was my jam!"
- Tim Commerford is an avid mountain biker. He even thanked all of his bikes in the liner notes of Battle for Los Angeles.
- Tom Morello has some acting credits. He's worked on Star Trek: Voyager as Crewman Mitchell. He also played one of the guards in the beginning of Iron Man.
- Back in 2007, the band performed for the Writer's Guild of America during their strike.
- In 2010, the band played a free gig in London as a thank you for getting Killing in the Name to number 1 at Christmas.
- After an anti-war concert at the 2008 Democratic National Convention in Denver, lead singer Zach de la Rocha led a march.
- Back in 2000, Limp Bizkit won the Video Music Award for Best Rock Video. Tim Commerford ended up climbing the setup on stage, with Fred Durst and crew not having a clue who was above them.