Sweetwater’s Rattlesnake Round-Up Draws Huge Crowds Annually
The Sweetwater Jaycees are ready to welcome over 40,000 guests to their 58th annual Rattlesnake Round-Up is March 10th – 13th at the Nolan Country Coliseum.
In 1958, the Sweetwater Jaycees started this event as a way to control the overpopulation of rattlesnakes that were hurting people and endangering livestock.
Today the Rattlesnake Roundup features food booths, a Barbecue Cook-off, nightly dances, a carnival, a giant flea-market and a gun show.
- Worlds Largest Rattlesnake Round-Up
- Nolan County Coliseum at 1699 Cypress Sweetwater TX
Date and Time
- March 10th – 13th, 2015
- Gates open at 8am
- Dance starts 7pm
- Guided snake hunts begin at 10am
- Cook Off begins at 8am
- $10 Adults
- $5 Kids 12 & under
- $10 Friday dance
- $15 Saturday dance
- $20-$50 Carnival ride passes
- $5 Gun show
- Bus tours to snake habitations daily
- Rattlesnake eating contest Sunday
- No glass containers allowed at dances
- Contact Mary Reeves Sweetwater Chamber of Commerce (325)-235-5488