Muse Unveil ‘Drones World Tour’ Trailer, Plus News on Candlemass, 10 Years + More
- The Muse: Drones World Tour concert film will screen in theaters on July 12 and there's now a trailer to hype up the experience. Watch a bit in the player above.
- 10 Years have unleashed a new video for the song "Burnout" which serves as a not-so-veiled reference to their split with guitarist Ryan "Tater" Johnson. The clip finds the band playing inside a lighted circle, while someone watches on from outside upset by the exclusion. Brian Vodinh tells Billboard, "It's talking about someone who was in the circle for a long time, then is all of a sudden out of the circle. It's not really meant to be ugly; Because we had just gotten out of that situation it was something that was just on our minds and very much a part of the early writing sessions of this album, so it naturally made its way into the songwriting a bit. And I think the video is an honest depiction of the song and why we wrote it." Watch the video here.
- After building his name as the frontman for Yellowcard, William Ryan Key is stepping out as a solo artist. Key just announced a May 25 street date for his new EP, Thirteen, which includes the new single "Vultures." Pre-orders have started at Key's website and the singer will open dates for New Found Glory later this month.
- The lineup is starting to come together for the inaugural Summer of Screams tour. So far, both Powerman 5000 and Psychostick have been confirmed for select dates on the run. Powerman 5000 will play Sept. 2-15, while Psychostick are on board Aug. 17-31. Dates, venues and the other acts taking part in the tour will be revealed shortly, but for now stay tuned here for updated info.
- East Coast Municipal Waste fans, it's time to get excited. The band has booked a brief East Coast trek taking place in June. The run starts June 12 in Baltimore. See the dates here and look for Ganggreen, Dropdead and Savage Master joining the bill for select shows.
- Def Leppard's Joe Elliott will guest on the public television series Speakeasy, with a taping set for May 18 at Iridium in New York City. Tickets go on sale for the taping tomorrow (May 11) at 10AM ET at this location.
- The Graham Bonnet Band have nailed down a July 13 street date for their upcoming album, Meanwhile, Back in the Garage. The group also issued the title track, which can be heard here. Pre-orders are available at this location.