Brandon’s ‘Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker’ Predictions
The Skywalker saga of Star Wars comes to a close (maybe) with The Rise of Skywalker, which hits theaters this Friday. Well, actually Thursday. I already have my tickets. Buzz and I have a bet. We both come up with 5 predictions, and whoever gets the most right, wins. Here are my 5.
- Princess Leia dies. This one seems simple, Carrie Fisher passed away back in 2016 and they have limited footage of her for this movie.
- Anakin Skywalker shows up as a force ghost. In the ultimate battle between the light and dark side of the force, Vader/Anakin is the perfect one to show up.
- Ahsoka Tano will make an appearance. We never found out what happened to Tano, but she did show up in Star Wars Rebels, so we know she survived Order 66. She could easily pop up in Rise of Skywalker.
- We find out how Maz Kanata gets Luke's lightsaber. Not much has been made about this in the movies, other than the visions Rey has when she touches the lightsaber. But we find out just how Maz got her hands on it.
- The Gray Force is the main plot point of Rise of Skywalker. What is the Gray Force? It's the belief that there are no sides to the force. There is no light side, and there is no dark side. This is why Vader makes the perfect person to show up. The one who battled with both sides and was apparently 'the Chosen One' to bring balance to the force.
- This is a prediction that I had back when the title of the film was first unveiled. I don't think 'Skywalker' in the title is referencing a particular person. I think it's going to be a new group, rather than Sith or Jedi, you have Skywalkers. The purpose of this group is to teach those that are force sensitive to use all aspects of the force, without being drawn to either side.