Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for Week of May 11-15
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here’s a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of May 11-15.
- I-20 frontage roads, Business I-20, Business 83: pot hole repair along various sections
- FM 707, FM 1750, US 83, FM 2404: edge repair along various sections
- US 277: Surface milling starting at FM 89 for approximately three miles south
- I-20, Loop 322, US 83: sign installation
- Loop 322 one-way frontage road (Lytle Creek to Maple): all ramps now are now open; work to resume in mid-May when weather conditions are more favorable for placement of the final seal coat
- US 283 (Callahan County): subgrade widening to add 10-foot shoulders to the existing roadway from SH 36 to Coleman County line is in progress
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.