West Texas Fair and Rodeo
- Taylor County Expo Center
- 1700 Highway 36, Abilene, TX 79602 United States
The West Texas Fair and Rodeo (WTFR) is September 4th thru the 13th, 2014. This year's theme is "A Salute To Our Heroes" for our military and all first responders. Plus there's the a Sneak-A-Peek night, a parade, live entertainment, rides and the rodeo. New this year, the WTFR is giving away $500.00 nightly from Sept. 5th-13th. Simply fill out a short questionnaire and drop in the hopper at any gate. The winner will be announced nightly at the fair. Check out this years complete schedule.
The West Texas Fair and Rodeo parade will take place in downtown Abilene. The participants start lining up at 8am. The parade will begin at 10:30am Saturday morning at North 1st and Pine Street. The route takes the parade north on Pine Street, west on North 6th Street, south on Cypress Street and east on North 1st Street back to the starting point.
2014 West Texas Fair and Rodeo
Dates and Times
- September 4th-13th
- Gates, rides, food and exhibit buildings open 8:00am till 10:00pm
- Friday and Saturday 8:00am till 11pm
- $8.00 Weekdays
- $11.00 on the Weekends
- Students (K-College) $4.00
- Children under 5 Free
- Carnival Armbands $30.00 everyday (unless special is in effect)
- $15.00 Rodeo-Reserved Box Seats Tuesday – Thursday
- $20.00 Rodeo-Reserved Box Seats Friday and Saturday
- $70.00 Season Pass available online at CenterStageTicketing.com
- Gate Admission charge applies 1:00pm weekdays and 8:00am weekends.
- September 4th, Sneak-A-Peek 5 pm till 10pm, armbands are $25.00
- September 5th, College day college students with current ID admitted free
- September 6th, School day. School day tickets good all day
- September 7th, Family day and school day, School day tickets good all day
- September 8th, School day. School day tickets good all day
- September 9th, School day All rides $2 each, School day tickets good all day
- September 10th, Senior Citizens get in free, Admission tickets will be $1.00 for Adults and students.
- September 11th, Cantastic Night free admission with 6 empty Coca-Cola cans and armbands are $25.00. Without Coke cans $30.00
- September 12th, Open night standard pricing applies
- September 13th, Open night standard pricing applies, last day of fair and rodeo
- Hot Rod Tractor Pull Sept. 5th, 6:30 start time
- Hot Rod Tractor Pull Sept. 6th, 6:30 start time
- Audio-M, Los Tropa Estrella, Stephanie Montiel & Zavala, Chon Arauza on the H-E-B stage Sept. 7th starting at 7:30pm
- Midnight Blue on the HEB stage Sept. 8th starting at 7:00-10:pm
- Cory Bivens Band on the HEB stage Sept. 9th starting at 7:00-10:pm
- Johnny Lee on the HEB stage Sept. 10th starting at 9:00pm
- Soul Free Revival on the HEB stage Sept. 11th starting at 7:30 (country) & 9:00pm (rock&roll)
- Moe Bandy on the HEB stage Sept. 12th starting at 9:00pm
- Hunter Hutchinson opens for Pat Green on the HEB stage show starts at 7:30pm
- PRCA Rodeo and crowning of the queen Sept. 9th-13th starting at 7:30pm
A Season Pass to the West Texas Fair and Rodeo allows attendees to come and go at will. Passes and tickets may be purchased at the gate, online or charge by phone at (325)-677-4376. For more information log onto the West Texas Fairs and Rodeo website.