Do You Believe in Superstitions? [POLL]
What is a superstition? Basically, it's the belief that one event or circumstance leads to the cause of another. These two events are linked with no known process or reason. I've heard of pro athletes that stopped shaving during a winning streak. There's also the popular belief that it's bad luck if a black cat crosses your path.
Rarely has there been any conclusive relation between the cause and effect of a superstitious event but they still exist. Heck, they're as prominent as rednecks in Texas.
Some of the most common superstitious are:
- Friday the 13th is bad luck
- An itchy palm means good luck is coming your way
- Walking under a ladder is bad luck
- Breaking a mirror is seven years of bad luck
- Finding a four leaf clover is good luck
- Opening an umbrella indoors is bad luck
- Knocking on wood is supposed to reverse bad luck or ward off bad luck
- Throwing salt over your shoulder brings you good luck
Those are just a few superstitions that have survived the ages.
What are your thoughts about superstitions?