A student at Conroe, Texas' Caney Creek High School nearly chowed down on bugs that were mixed in with broccoli served by the cafeteria. 

One student, junior Falyn Evans, recounted how she noticed the bugs in broccoli one of her friends was about to eat.

"It was kind of strange and gross that we had actually seen it and that it happened to us," said Evans (quote via Click2Houston).

The bugs have been identified as aphids and are believed to have infected the broccoli batch that the cafeteria received.

According to Evans' mother, her daughter will be packing a lunch from now on and will no longer eat what the school's cafeteria serves.