Bruce Dickinson Reveals Solo Vinyl Box Set Plans, Plus News on Angels & Airwaves, Queen + More
- Iron Maiden great Bruce Dickinson will package his solo releases for a new vinyl box set. Soloworks: The Vinyl Collection is due Oct. 27 featuring The Chemical Wedding, The Tyranny of Souls, Tattooed Millionaire, Balls to Picasso, Skunkworks and Accident of Birth.
- Angels & Airwaves have released the special four-song We Don't Need to Whisper - Acoustic EP revisits four favorites from the band's 2006 debut -- "Valkyrie Missile," "Distraction," "Do It For Me Now" and "The Adventure." The disc is currently available here through Thursday (Aug. 24), with it arriving on all streaming services Friday (Aug. 25). Catch "The Adventure" lyric video here.
- We knew Mr. Robot star Rami Malek was set to take on the role of late singer Freddie Mercury in the upcoming Queen biopic, but who will fill out his band? According to the Hollywood Reporter, Joe Mazzello, Ben Hardy and Gwilym Lee have been cast as John Deacon, Roger Taylor and Brian May. Bryan Singer is producing the film, which is expected Dec. 25, 2018.
- Quicksand have nailed down a Nov. 10 street date for their next album, Interiors. Getting a jump on things, the Epitaph Records band just unleashed a stellar new song called "Illuminat." See the video here, pre-order the album here and catch the band on tour in September and October at these stops.
- It looks as though veteran rockers Trap Them are preparing to call it a career. The band just posted a new update on social media announcing a trio of November "final shows" and then heading "2002-2017." See where they're playing here.
- Oni have recorded a harder-edged cover of Linkin Park's "A Place for My Head" in honor of Chester Bennington. Jake Oni credits the band for introducing him to heavier music and eventually leading him to metal. Take a listen to the song here.
- Def Leppard's Phil Collen is putting his artistic side to a new use. He's designed 30 custom-painted pairs of sneakers for Vancouver's Six Hundred Four shoe company. The "Electric Splatter" shoes were inspired by artist Jackson Pollock. See a video here and get your orders in for the shoes at this location.
- Sublime's "Mexican Lager" has expanded its reach to include 19 states, just in time for Labor Day. The band teamed with AleSmith Brewery to debut Sublime Mexican Lager back in July in honor of the 25th anniversary of 40 oz. to Freedom. To see where you can purchase the beer, use the finder option here.
Loudwire 360 News Video