ZZ Top Debuts New Single in Jeremiah Weed Commercial [VIDEO]
Ok this is where we get down to the question, “is it selling out or not?” ZZ Top debuted their new single “I’ve Got To Get Paid” in a commercial for Jeremiah Weed beer.
So here are the arguments for both sides.
1. Their using an original song in a commercial.
2. They are featured prominently in the commercial itself.
3. They actually hand the product in question to customers in the commercial, a personal endorsement of said product.
4. The title of the song “I’ve Got To Get Paid” sounds like they’ll do anything for a buck.
NOT Selling Out:
1. It’s a commercial for beer.
2. It’s a cool commercial.
3. They might actually drink that brand of beer, therefore not selling out simply for cash, but endorsing a product they prefer.
4. It’s a new and until now unheard song, so they’re not playing off of previous fame for a quick buck.
5. The title of the song, “I’ve Got To Get Paid” kind of throws a disclaimer on the whole thing doesn’t it?
Either way you choose to fall on this, the spot is pretty freakin’ sweet. Check it out.