Ways You Can Help Newtown, Connecticut and Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting Victims
Our Nation is in mourning following Friday’s senseless shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. In the midst of tears, many have already reached out to help those affected by this tragedy.
Here’s a list of ways you can help the children, families, memorials and Sandy Hook Elementary School.
- United Way Sandy Hook School Support Fund – donate here .
- Sandy Hook School Support Fund- mail checks to Newtown Savings Bank 39 Main Street Newtown,CT 06470. Any donation questions can call 1-800-461-0672.
- Newtown Youth and Family Services- donate here .
- Teddy Bears for Grieving Students “Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II”- Teddy Bears can be shipped to Hersam Acorn Attention Operation Fuzzy Wuzzy II 1000 Bridgeport Avenue Shelton,CT 06484. Bears will be accepted until December 28th,2012 and for more information visit here .
- Monetary donations can be made to Peoples United Bank, TD Bank and Newtown Savings Bank.
- Volunteer – The Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection says anyone wishing to volunteer should call (800) 203-1234.
- Evergram – you can send your love, best wishes, words of encouragement, prayers and more in an Evergram here.
- Write a Letter to the School – Want to write a letter to the students, teachers and Sandy Hook community? The address for the school is Sandy Hook Elementary School, 12 Dickenson Drive, Sandy Hook, CT, 06482
We’ll continue to add to this list as we receive more info.
Even if it’s a simple prayer, in the midst of this period of great hurt, it’s our job to show these families that they have a nation standing behind them holding them.