TxDOTs Fan Van Helps Educate Football Fans of DUI Dangers and the Man Cave Giveaway
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDot) has kicked off a marketing campaign to teach Texas sports fans about the dangers of driving under the influence (DUI) and to giveaway a complete man cave. The campaign uses a football shaped van (dubbed the “Fan Van”) to educate and promote. The Fan Van gives its visitors the chance to win a complete man cave prize or one of four $500 gift cards.
To enter, TxDot says Texas sports fans have to take a pledge to not drink and drive, and sign up at a “Fan Van” event throughout the Lone Star State. TxDot officials admit booze and sports all too often go together.
“We know alcohol is often a part of game-day festivities, so we are urging football fans to make the right call and plan for a sober ride home,” said Phil Wilson, TxDOT executive director. “Whether you’re cheering for your favorite team in the bleachers, at a friend’s house or as part of a tailgate party, you owe it to yourself, your family and your fellow football fans to play it safe and find a sober ride home.”
The Fan Van can be seen at college and pro football games through the fall season in Texas.
TxDot Fan Van Tour Stops
- Nov. 2 – Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma State (Lubbock)
- Nov. 7 – Baylor vs. Oklahoma (Waco)
- Nov. 9 – Texas A&M vs. Mississippi State (College Station)
- Nov. 16 – Texas A&M-Kingsville vs. Valdosta State (Kingsville)
- Nov. 23 – Lamar University vs. McNeese State (Beaumont)
- Nov. 24 – Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (Houston)
- Dec. 30 – Valero Alamo Bowl (San Antonio)
- Jan – Feb – Additional stops to be determined please check the website for up dates.