The After Buzz with Brandon Coates — January 9, 2019
It's the first After Buzz of 2019 and here is what we talk about:
- First and foremost we have new microphones! Okay, you might not be that excited about it but we are.
- I give a holiday recap because we've been off for a few weeks. Yeah, I got a cold that just wouldn't go away.
- I recommend a couple of Netflix documentaries. Struggle: The Life and Lost Art of Szukalski and They'll Love Me When I'm Dead. I haven't finished the second one yet, but I'm about half way through and it's been really good so far. It's about Orson Welles and his movie he never finished, The Other Side of the Wind.
- We talked about a brewery in Chicago that was offering free beer for a year if you could make a 43 yard field goal on the morning show, and I mentioned that I was able to kick a 50 yard field goal in high school. And no, I wasn't the football teams kicker because I was too much of a wimp to actually try out.
- And finally, I tease a new podcast I'm working on with someone vastly more famous than I am. We want to answers questions from the audience in the podcast, so if you have a question you're willing to fire off without knowing who I'm doing it with, please email it to me to email@example.com