Random Things Leading Up to the Super Bowl 39 Rematch
The rematch is set. The New England Patriots will take on the Philadelphia Eagles. Could there be a match up that Cowboys fans hate more? Well, here are some random items from this past weekend leading up to the Super Bowl XXXIX rematch.
Oh wait, but first, here's what a Boston news station put up on Twitter after the Patriots won.
Yeah, that's Aaron Hernandez in the Patriots jersey. You know, the guy that was convicted of murder and ended up killing himself in prison. Congrats. Someone is terrible at their job.
- This is Tom Brady's EIGHTH Super Bowl appearance. The Steelers, Cowboys, and Broncos are all tied for second with 8 trips each for the franchises. The Patriots lead all franchises with this being their 10th trip.
- The Eagles have been underdogs the past two games (apparently no one has confidence in Nick Foles) and have opened up as the biggest underdogs in the Super Bowl since 2009. Even before the NFC Championship game was over, Vegas had the Patriots as 5.5 point favorites.
- The city of Philadelphia was so worried about people climbing the light poles after yesterday's game, they greased them with Crisco.
- This is the third Super Bowl appearance by the Philadelphia Eagles. The Patriots have been to the Super Bowl three times in the last four years.
- A backup quarterback in the Super Bowl isn't unheard of. Tom Brady started the 2001 season behind Drew Bledsoe, and he came in and won the Super Bowl. You can see all the back ups HERE. So the fact Nick Foles is at the helm doesn't immediately guarantee a Patriots victory.
Oh yeah, and one more note. Belichick was rocking guns out after the Patriots victory.