How to Block Annoying App & Game Notifications on Facebook – Pain’s Package
You log in to Facebook then all of the sudden that little red bubble pops up showing all of the notifications you’ve received recently. Then, you click on the bubble thinking you’re the most popular person in the world. However, instead of it showing all the comments your friends have left on your page, all you see are those extremely annoying app and game invitations and requests for games like Farmville & Candy Crush. It happens to all of us on a daily basis. I’ve got some tips that will help drastically reduce the amount of those notifications you receive.
Now, let me be up front with you. There isn’t an easy button you press and they all stop, but I can help cut down the stress a bit.
Follow the instructions listed below and you will see a dramatic reduction in app invites/requests.
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Click here
- Scroll down to Block Apps
- Now all you have to do is type in the name of the app you want to block and you will no longer receive notifications from that app, ever.
Here’s an additional way to block those pesky notifications. This is especially good to block the apps that you may have forgotten in the above steps.
- Click here to access the app center.
- Click Invites
- On the right side of the page, under Respond to Invites tab, you will see a list of apps and the people that sent you the invitation
- Click the “X” by the name of your Facebook friend that sent you the invite.
- A window will state you ‘hid’ that specific request. Now, click “block (game/app name)”
- Click confirm and this will block that app/game
- Repeat for remaining invites on that page
Like I said, this won’t stop the frustration completely but it will help reduce the annoying notifications dramatically.
However, repeating this process from time to time will also take care of any new apps that pop up.