Five Random Facts for June 3, 2016
I found all these facts to be interesting and I'll bet you do too. Each story is linked to it's source just in case you doubt my word.
1. Samoa and American Samoa are only about 70 miles apart . . . but since they're on opposite sides of the International Date Line, their time zones are 24 hours apart.
(Source: Time and Date )
It's kind of like the situation between Hobbs, New Mexico, and Seminole, Texas. Except instead of an hour it's a day!
2. John Belushi made the same amount of money for "Animal House" as the HORSE in the movie . . . they both got about $40,000.
Neidermyer was the one on the horse but Belushi was the one ON THE HORSE.
3. If there was a hole all the way through the Earth, it would take you 42 minutes to fall through it.
My calculations show that you'd only be falling into the hole for 26 minutes. The rest of the time you'd be falling OUT of the hole.
4. Cucumbers are 96% water . . . that's even more than watermelons, which are 92% water.
(Source: San Francisco Chronicle)
Cucumbers: So much water but so many dirty things you can do with them.
5. The second most popular song in the history of Norway is "Love Hurts" by Nazareth. It stayed on the charts there for 61 straight WEEKS in 1976 and 1977, hitting number one for 14 of those weeks. It never got higher than number eight on the U.S. Charts.
If you are Norwegian and between the ages of 25 and 40 there's a good chance you were conceived to this song.