Don’t Wait for Others to Set the Example as Good Human Beings
I’m constantly reminded on Facebook that we (America) shouldn’t help other countries because there’s so much needed in our own backyard. Well, those complaints typically come from people who only talk. It’s time we took action and responsibility for our own and set the example as good human beings.
Instead of waiting for the government to fix hunger, end violence, replenish blood supplies, and save the homeless in our own backyard, we should all do our part in helping out.
Here are a few local organizations that need our help:
- Meek Blood Center (donate blood)
- Food Bank of West Central Texas (help with hunger)
- Love & Care Ministries (help with homeless)
- Stop the Violence (benefits Regional Crime Victims Crisis Center)
- Hendrick Children’s Hospital (help local kids fight cancer)
So, if you are serious about helping out those in need locally, then this is a good time to start.