Is This the ‘Dark Knight Trilogy’ Blu-ray Box Set [UPDATED]?
We don’t have a release date or any idea what it’s going to contain in terms of bonus material, but if an image posted by a Polish fansite is to be believed — and really, if you can’t trust Polish fansites, who can you trust? — we might have our first look at the ‘Dark Knight Trilogy’ deluxe Blu-ray box set.
Now confirmed and updated with official details!
Disc 1 – ‘Batman Begins’ Feature and Special Features
Disc 2 – ‘The Dark Knight’ Feature
Disc 3 – ‘The Dark Knight’ Special Features
Disc 4 – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Feature
Disc 5 – ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Special Features
Disc 6 – Bonus Disc of New Special Features
- The Fire Rises: The Creation and Impact of ‘The Dark Knight’ Trilogy - The inside perspective on the fascinating story behind the creation of one of the most celebrated franchises and how it changed the scope of movie making….forever. Full of never-before-seen footage, rare moments, and exclusive interviews with Guillermo Del Toro, Damon Lindelof, Michael Mann, Richard Roeper, Zack Snyder and others.
- Christopher Nolan & Richard Donner: A Conversation - For the first time, Directors Christopher Nolan (‘The Dark Knight’ Trilogy) and Richard Donner (‘Superman’) sit down to discuss the trials and triumphs involved in bringing the two most iconic superheroes of all time to the big screen, and how ’Superman’ influenced Nolan when developing ‘Batman Begins.’
- IMAX® Sequences: ‘The Dark Knight’; ‘The Dark Knight Rises’ – See your favorite scenes as they were intended in the original IMAX© aspect ratio
Exclusive NEW Memorabilia:
- Premium Mattel Hot Wheels Vehicles: Batmobile, Batpod and Tumbler
- Newly commissioned collectible art cards by Mondo featuring Scarecrow, Joker, Bane, Harvey Dent, and Ra’s al Ghul
- 48-page hardcover book featuring production stills and behind the scenes images from all three movies
According to this leaked photo, consumers can expect a bevy of extra content, given that the set is spread out over an impressive nine discs; it’s also handsomely packaged, with inserts paying tribute to each movie’s main villain and a trio of miniature vehicles used by Batman in the films.
As Bleeding Cool notes, the box is already available for pre-order via Amazon’s French store, and their listing — currently priced around $117 in U.S. dollars — seems to indicate that this packaging is accurate, although it doesn’t offer much in the way of details regarding the contents, beyond saying each movie will get two Blu-rays and a DVD.
One way or another, we should find out more relatively quickly; Amazon.fr lists an October 2 release date, which means we can expect to see Warner Bros. gearing up for a big promotional push sometime over the next couple of months. Hang onto your wallets, Bat-fans.