The Best Places to Go Swimming in Abilene
Abilene is very fortunate to have some great swimming pools. Here's a list of awesome pools for you to cool off in, during the dog days of summer.
Rose Park Family Aquatics Center
The new Rose Park Family Aquatic Center also known as the 'Rose Park Adventure Cove' opens Thursday June 15th, 2017. Let the good times begin in Abilene.
The aquatic center features two awesome slides. One is the 'Big Green Monster', while the second slide is called 'Big Blue'. The new updated pool includes a lazy river and a beach-like pool they call 'Stingray Bay'.
The Rose Park Aquatic Center has a full service concession stand, so therefore no food or drinks are allowed into the pool. The pool will run in two swim sessions Tuesday thru Saturday and one long session Sunday and Monday's only.
For more about the Rose Park Family Aquatic Center, visit the City of Abilene website.
Rose Park Pool
- Tuesday - Saturdays
- 1st swim session 11 am - 2:45 pm
- 2nd swim session 3:15 - 7 pm
- Free kids age 2 and under
- $4 for kids under 48 inches
- $6 for kids 48 inches and taller
- $6.50 for adults 18 and over
- Kids 15 and over can enter without parent or adult guardian
- During break time all guests must leave and pay to re-enter
- Contact 325-676-6217
- Opened April 30th and will stay open sun-up to sun-down through October 29th, 2016.
Abilene State Park Pool
The Abilene State Park pool is open from Saturday, May 27th for Memorial Day Weekend, until Sunday, August 13th. It's the oldest pool in the Big Country, operating since 1934 and tons of fun.
For more about the Abilene State Park, visit their website.
State Park Pool
- Open Wednesday - Sundays
- 1st swim session 11 am - 3 pm
- 2nd swim session 4 pm- 7 pm
- $2 adults 13 and up
- $1 kids 12 and under
- $5 per person 12 and up state park admission
- 1st session swimmers must leave pool and pay for re-entry
Abilene Swim Club
The Abilene Swim Club is a "private members only" pool. Non-members can swim but must be accompanied by a member. Call for pool membership availability.
The Swim Club pool is the only pool with a high dive in Abilene now, this eight foot high diving board has lots of takers climbing the ladder. It also has a great kids slide and an awesome tree covered picnic area.
The Abilene Swim Club
- Open Tuesday - Saturday 10 AM - 8 PM
- Open Sunday 1 PM - 8 PM
- Dues and membership fees $215
- Stock fee $150
- For membership visit Abilene Swim Club website
- Contact Donnie Brown 325-692-1395
The Dive Spot
The Lytle Shores Swim Club is open for regular swimming Monday thru Fridays from 1 to 3 pm daily. This pool is open for swim and scuba lessons daily.
The Dive Spot pool has a kiddie-pool, sand volleyball court, tennis court, basketball goal and a jungle gym with swings.
The Dive Spot
- Open swimming is from 1 pm - 3 pm
- $5 per person
- Free for two years old and under with paid adult
- Located at 1701 Lytle Trail, Abilene
- Open Monday - Friday 1 PM- 5 PM with a lifeguard on duty
- Rent the pool for parties by calling 325-673-3483
- Visit their website for more information
The YMCA Indoor Pools
The YMCA has what it takes to run a pool, a great staff and awesome facilities. The indoor pools are great during cold/freezing weather. However, during 100 degree days, the ambient room temperature at the pool was just as hot as outside.
The YMCA Pools
- Open until 8:00 PM
- YMCA aquatic work-outs are available
- $50 joining fee plus
- $852 family membership fee per year
- 15% off all fees for military
- For more information about the Abilene Area YMCA.
- For directions to: Red-bud YMCA, State Street YMCA